The Criminal Behaviour order can be applied for in the:

  • Magistrates Courts
  • Crown Courts, and
  • Youth Courts

Local Councils, Police and the Crown Prosecution Service are the only agencies that can apply for them.

These will orders will replace the ASBO on conviction and the drink banning order on conviction.

Where there is the possibility of making an order against a youth (person aged between 10 and 17 years), the applying authority must consult with the Youth Offending Team for their views and must inform the prosecution of these views.  Though this must take place it does not give the Youth Offending Team the power to veto the application.

Click here to go back to the New Tools and Powers Page

About the Author




Back to top

Safer Cornwall are a working partnership involving: