Chimney fire

3 October 2018 Posted by

Chimney Fire

A crew of six firefighters from Lostwithiel Community Fire Station were mobilised to a chimney fire on the evening of Monday 2 October within the town. After investigating they found the remains of a birds nest halfway up the chimney breast. Please can we ask you to endure your chimney is cleaned after the summer months ahead of the winter.

Thankfully this incident was contained but so often these types of incidents can escalate.

The following link contains safety advice: https://bit.ly/2fDP8rc

Share
About the Author

Simon, Research & Information Officer, Amethyst, Community Safety Team

Back to top

Safer Cornwall are a working partnership involving: