Noise nuisance


There are many ways in which people can be disturbed by noise. These include noise from neighbours or businesses, and noise in the street. Cornwall Council can investigate certain types of noise nuisance. Examples include:

Ideas for you

Before you make a complaint to the Council please visit Noise – Cornwall Council you may also want to consider the following steps:

Try to resolve the problem informally 

Contact the landlord 

If you don’t know who the private landlord is, you could first speak with the letting agent, who may be able to help you. 

Things that might help

Take your own legal action:

  1. seek legal advice from a solicitor 
  2. get some free legal advice from a law centre or Citizens’ Advice